Menu
bsd7
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV channel Listings

I was a former sky customer and switched to virgin, broadband and telephone is great.  The TV works fine however i can't get my head around the way the channels are listed, the main channels aren't defaulted to HD and to find the HD channels they aren't listed next to the SD channels which to me would make sense.  Can you change the listing yourself or is there a common sense approach to getting this to work in my favour?  

Also why is it impossible to find a email address to raise this as a question to avoid calling virgin customer services.  Really thinking of cancelling the TV when my contract finishes.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV channel Listings

My Sky box doesn't list the HD channels by default either?

BBC1SD is on 101 on Sky and Virgin  -  ITV1SD is on 103 on Sky and Virgin.

bsd7 wrote:

I was a former sky customer and switched to virgin, broadband and telephone is great.  The TV works fine however i can't get my head around the way the channels are listed, the main channels aren't defaulted to HD and to find the HD channels they aren't listed next to the SD channels which to me would make sense.  Can you change the listing yourself or is there a common sense approach to getting this to work in my favour?  

Also why is it impossible to find a email address to raise this as a question to avoid calling virgin customer services.  Really thinking of cancelling the TV when my contract finishes.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
bsd7
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV channel Listings

Think you're missing my point, doesn't it make sense if MTV SD is on channel 134 that you put MTV HD on 134 or at least close to the SD version of the channel instead of 183?  You have the same issue with FOX and comedy central, you ain't gonna remember all the different numbers?  Anyway after exploring my virgin box i've found a way to group my channels in favourite which will have to be a fix.  

0 Kudos