Menu
Surbeer1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

TV box keeps rebooting

Hi,

My TV box keeps rebooting itself it will turn off by itself and turn back on again why is this happening?
billt4g
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV box keeps rebooting

This is happening to me as well!!!

0 Kudos
fadingfool
Tuning in
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Mine and also my Dad's as well (different addresses). What's happening VM?

davewood
Joining in
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Me too. I opened another thread about it. I didn't see your one until now.

0 Kudos
Mustardman
Joining in
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo box has been rebooting itself for the past 3 days as well, every couple of hours. Looks like it is a problem from Virgin's end?

0 Kudos
Surbeer1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

If it's happening too quite a lot of people then I'm sure there's an issue on Virgins Side
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Same here. .Noticed yesterday it had rebooted as I was late getting up and wanted to rewind to the begining of a program but couldn't.

Was the same this morning when I turned TV on the Tivo was on home screen and all tuners on one channel then it rebooted itself again. Neighbours has too as they rang me to see if mine was working cos theirs was rebooting a few times too. In a  way am glad it isn't just me as was worried box was on its way out lol

Got a brief C130 error message but Service Status says area known problem with Tivo.

0 Kudos
Mobes
Dialled in
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Mine too, twice this morning and a 2nd one in my house also.

Nice to see after more than an hour of the 1st post being up, nothing from VM staff Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Lumiya
Tuning in
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Same here, all lights come on for about 1/2 second then the box reboots, it has full functionality for about 30-60 seconds then resets again. This cycle has been going since I noticed it about 20 minutes ago but could have been happening longer

0 Kudos
biondani
Tuning in
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Same happening here as well. My wife called Virgin and they said it's an area fault to do with power levels to the cabinet. Can't see how that can cause the box to go into a reboot loop though and it only seems to be 1 of the 3 TIVO boxes affected. The one that is affected is the main one we use though and is one of the new cardless boxes. Are these more sensitive to power levels I wonder.

0 Kudos