Menu
JohnROrange
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV XL = TIVO box?

Greetings:

According to the Virgin Media web site, the TV XL package includes a TIVO box. 

My Virgin package has been listing the TV portion as TV XL for several years, it seems, but they have never issued me a TIVO box. 

Should I be taking this up with customer service, or is the inclusion of the TIVO unit a recent addition?

johno

John Orange
Plymouth, UK

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV XL = TIVO box?

XL is a package of channels  -  new subscribers would get the TiVo but you would have to call to change to a TiVo.

Often they will do this at no extra cost - if you push.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos

All Replies
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

XL is a package of channels  -  new subscribers would get the TiVo but you would have to call to change to a TiVo.

Often they will do this at no extra cost - if you push.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
JohnROrange
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone tell me how long the TIVO box has been included with the TV XL package?

I believe it might have been part of the TV XL pack from before Virgin renamed my package to an XL.
I had some other TV selection before then, but they were ditching that one, and offered me the XL as a substitute. 

Knowing when they started including the TIVO unit may be useful ammunition when I discuss the issue with them next week. 

I've been a customer since Eurobell, and whilst I generally find the service good, I have had a couple of situations where they shot themselves in the foot by changing the packages and not thinking about what message not rolling the changes out to exisiting customers would send. 

I used to pay £4 for web space to host a couple of family web-sites: when they began to include a larger block of web-space in the base bundle, VM gave me the extra space, but carried on charging.  When I noticed and complained, they eventually refunded me £120, and sent us some vouchers for cinema tickets. 

johno

John Orange
Plymouth, UK

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've always had TV XL but had to 'upgrade' my box from a V+ to a Tivo and pay extra.  There is a Tivo fee of £6.50 on top too and possibly a connection fee of £49.99 too..

So the answer is that no, the Tivo was not linked to TV XL but probably is now as I don't think they issue the V boxes anymore to new customers and comes in with their  new style bundles. .

I suspect existing customers may still have to pay the extra or change to a different bundle..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The TiVO charge on all packages outside the "Big" bundles is £5 a month. If you have a TiVO as an additional box the cost is £6.50 + the £5.00 = £11.50.

The non recording VHD box is still issued at no additional charge to the TV package.

V+HD boxes are no longer issued, except as fault replacements. There is a £5 a month charge on these for every TV pack except XL.

There are only activation charges on the 1Tb TiVO box. The 500Gb box is free to activate.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos