Menu
cussy007
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Sport Live

When watching Live Sport on Sksports I get the following message at the top of my screen = 1363167387 Anyone any idea what it is ? It is annoying.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Sport Live

The numbers in the corner are to identify the customer to stop them streaming on the net to those dodgy internet sports streaming sites. Used to get it with sky and now virgin. No way to get rid of it.
0 Kudos
cussy007
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So we Pay and you don't get that number on IPTV sites what a farce typical Virgin.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nothing to do with VM. Its an anti-piracy measure by the FA, & is a condition of linear channel broadcast rights. All customers will see the code on the live broadcast, no matter what platform they are on (this also applies to matches broadcast on BT Sports). You can pause live TV for a few minutes, & the chase payback will remove the code.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
cussy007
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Okay, so what your saying cancel it all and go IPTV.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As I say, you can avoid the situation by creating a delay on the playback. Live Pause the channel (I think most people have found 5 minutes is enough), & then start the playback from there, & the number should dissapear.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos