Menu
Rees
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Screen randomly goes blank and back on after few seconds

Since connecting my TIVO box to the TV via HDMI, the TV screen goes blank and is back on after few seconds. This can happens randomly and it could be 3 times in a minute or once every 2 hours.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Screen randomly goes blank and back on after few seconds

Hi Rees

Apologies for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment, I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you. 

We're not detecting any errors at the moment so I hope that means that things have improved? If that's not the case, let me know how you've got your TiVo box connected to your TV and I'll do what I can to help. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rees
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I still have the problem. TiVo box is connected to my TV via HDMI cable. But, please note that I had Talk Talk before and the box was connected to TV via HDMI cable (same port).

Thanks,

Raees

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Rees

Thanks for the response, are you noticing this issue occur with the menu and schedule as well as the live TV content? 

Do you have another HDMI cable at home to try? 

I'm sorry again for the continued problems you're experiencing, we're looking forward to getting this sorted. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rees
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

It happens mostly with live TV content. I can't remember it happening with menu. But, again it happens randomly. I have the same problem with a different HDMI.

Thanks

Raees

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Raees

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this from our end, I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

We'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
LH3224
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This has also happened to our TiVo box since Sunday (we’ve had it happen with increasing regularity each day). We have unplugged and have just reset the TiVo box via help & settings.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi LH3224,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I'd like to arrange for a technician to take a look at this for you so I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos