Menu
johnmh427
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Listings not updating and missing channels

Have lost channels and not had a TV listings update for over a week. Service status insists all OK. Have checked all connections and re-started Tivo box 4 times, but no success. Don't want to have to call 150 as my past experiences with the call centre depress me. Any ideas anyone?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Listings not updating & missing channels

Hi johnmh427,

Welcome to the community forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the TV listings aren't updating and that some channels are missing.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks, I am unable to check the box fully as it shows as 'offline' right now.  Can you please let me know if the box was turned off at time of this post please?

Once confirmed, I can help further.

I look forward to your reply Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You either wait on here to see if a mid sees your post or you phone in I'm afraid. 

Sounds like you've lost network connection and if a reboot didn't sort it you'll need help

0 Kudos
johnmh427
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Parrotperson - getting worse - broadband speed now under 2 MB/s - It's like being back in the early 90s!

Guess I have no choice but to savour that particular delicacy known as Virgin Media "Customer Service"....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi johnmh427,

Welcome to the community forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the TV listings aren't updating and that some channels are missing.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks, I am unable to check the box fully as it shows as 'offline' right now.  Can you please let me know if the box was turned off at time of this post please?

Once confirmed, I can help further.

I look forward to your reply Smiley Happy

Collette.

johnmh427
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm the TiVo box is left connected all the time and has not been powered down recently. At the time of your post it was on standby. As potential indicators of a problem, I am unable to connect to the network (tells me a cable is unplugged, which it isn't) and the light below the heart icon on the front panel has been flashing green since I have been experiencing the error.

Really appreciate your help in getting this issue sorted out. Your intervention has started to restore my faith in VM.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnmh427,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I have re-checked the box and it is still showing as 'offline' right now.  The fact that you h ave a flashing light going tells me that none of your On Demand/Apps facilities won't be working as well as this error.

I will arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you.  I will send the details in a private message for you.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Collette Smiley Happy