Menu
Lukio5141
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Guide 'To be announced'

Hi,

I was looking for answers to try an fix a problem with my TIVO box and found this forum which looked promising.

After quite a few painful experiences dealing with Virgin customer services over the phone and via web chat, I thought I would give this a go.

My TIVO box TV guide keeps displaying 'To be announced' on the vast majority of channels. Not only is this annoying, it also stops us from recording anything. Pretty fed up with the whole system considering how much money Virgin take each month.

Please can anyone give me an idea of how to fix this as I am not brilliant with this type of thing and the thought of having to ring Virgin doesn't fill me with any confidence.

Another problem I have encountered is that when the TV is paused or watching a pre recorded program the screen constantly freezes. Again, any ideas?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Guide 'To be announced'

Hiya, welcome!

Just on the specifics of the EPG showing "to be announced", assuming this is on the next 7days then the first thing is to check that a guide reload solves it. Follow Home > Help > Network > Connect, wait 30minutes or so and let's make sure the guide populates.

This could highlight an issue with signal levels, or it could solve the problem - if the latter, the guide should repeat this process automatically approx every 5hrs30mins. Go into Home > Help > Network over the next couple of days and see if there are successful connections made approx 4-5 times a day.

0 Kudos
Lukio5141
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the settings as per your message and the message displayed was 'Connection in progress' with the last successful connection being 23rd April 2016. It was around this time the problems with the TV guide started. I have checked this screen before and had the same message. There was no option to 'Connect now'.

I am assuming that this would mean the TIVO box has been unable to 'connect' with the network since that time, hence the problems with the TV guide?

Any further ideas would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It does sound very much like the box is running on guide data last updated on 23rd April. It might possibly have locked up and just need a reboot to allow you to connect again, but there might also be an underlying signal/box issue which the forum team will be able to check remotely.

There's certainly no harm in trying a reboot - Home > Help > Clear or reset Tivo box > reboot.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lukio5141,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the guide hasn't been working since April and affecting your recordings.  I'd like to help check this out for you.

I haven't been able to locate your account so I haven't been able to check your box remotely yet.  I will send you a private message requesting further details.

Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Lukio5141
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

I phoned customer services and spoke to a very helpful lady who showed me through the process to fix the problem. I can't for the life of me remember what she showed me to do, but it has fixed the problem for the time being. The Tivo box loads up all the menus a lot quicker, so whatever it was worked a treat!

Thanks for taking the time to look at my problem.

Regards
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lukio5141,

I am pleased to hear all is working ok now for you and all is up to date with the guide now Smiley Happy

Thanks for the update.  Should you need us again in the future, you know where to find us.

Have a lovely week end.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Temple43
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue. Despite rebooting the box and going through the reconnection it did not fix the problem.

Just rang Virgin and they advised that the issue is because the new V6 box needs an new router. When the nex box was installed I should have been given a new router. Not surprised as the engineer advised me that he had never installed one of the new boxes! Very poor service. Will be moving to Sky

About to go on holiday and will not be able to record any programmes.

0 Kudos