Menu
topcatts25
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Channel Guide Descriptions - To be announced

All the TV channel guide descriptions on the TiVo read 'To be announced'.
Have tried the network connection settings and reset the TiVo but no change.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Channel Guide Descriptions - To be announced

Hello topcatts25,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your TV guide and I would like to welcome you to the community.

I see you have already tried the network connection, did it show complete or did it fail?

The next step would be to clear the program info and planned recordings then perform another network connection.

You will find this option in -

Home - Help & Settings - Clear & Reset TiVo box - Clear Programme info & Planned Recs.

It will then take you to another page with further information on what's going to happen next.

When you have pressed thumbs down three times and the last channel button the box will reboot and go through the clearing process. This particular process won't wipe any of your recordings it just focuses on program information and planned recordings.

When it has finished and the TiVo® loads back on to the home page could you please try another network connection and let me know how you get on.

Also can I confirm if you're switching your TiVo® box off using standby or turning it off at the mains each night?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
savik2
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please could someone from VM Tech clarify: 

1.  If one clears the Planned Programmes and Programme Info, what actually happens?  Does it mean that all the Series Links have to be re-done?  Or does the Planned Programmes list automatically repopulate itself with all the live Series Links?  If the latter, how does clearing it actually help???

2.  Given that my Tivo won't record anything while in standby, I have had to switch the Power Saving option to off.  If the Tivo box doesn't go into standy-by, but remains fully On all the time, does that mean it won't pick up on system updates?  Because I really, really want it to pick up the update that sorts out all the glitches arising from the last system update....

0 Kudos
topcatts25
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,
Followed your instructions and it has not fixed the 'To be announced' showing on all channel descriptions. The network connection succeeded and usually the TiVo is left switched on and only occasionally put into standby from the remote.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi topcatts25,

I'll take a look at this for you while Rose_B is away.

If the Network Connection isn't updating the TiVo®, we'll need to get a technician out to fix it.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can get this arranged for you.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos