Menu
Slava
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere - difficulty connecting to one of two TIVO boxes

i have two TIVO boxes in the house. I have TV Anywhere installed on my iPad. I can connect to one of the TIVO boxes every time but not the other. It occasionally connects but very rarely. My TIVO box it cannot connect to has recently been replaced to see if that helps but it has made no difference. This suggests to me it's something to do with the connection to my TIVO box - has anyone else had the same problem ? Any ideas ? Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere - difficulty connecting to one of two TIVO boxes

Hi Slava,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that you are having problems with your TV Anywhere app connecting to your second TiVo®.

I've sent a new signal to your TiVo® boxes to refresh the connection. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling your TV Anywhere app on your iPad.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Slava
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

Many thanks for your message and trying to help. I've uninstalled and reinstalled TV Anywhere on my iPad and iPhone and it still isn't working for one of my TIVO boxes (this one is connected to the original cable installed many years ago). I get the message 'Box Not Responding'. What is odd is that if I try and connect via a different wifi when out of the house it seems to connect every time. I also can still connect in the house to the other TIVO box which is a newer connection (in my daughters bedroom) every time! I like the app especially to manage my shows etc. but it is so frustrating !

Kind Regards,

Slava

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Slava,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry that this still isn't working after reinstalling and rebooting the TiVo® boxes and app. 

You'll need to connect your TiVo® to your broadband Super Hub, so do this either by Ethernet cable or Powerline adapters. Make sure that both TiVo® boxes are switched off, then only power on the TiVo® you want to connect to. Does this allow you to connect? If it still won't let you connect to the TiVo®, please give us a call on 150 (Free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or get in touch via WebChat on Contact Us so that our Technical Support Team can investigate this further.

Please let me know how this goes.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos