Menu
john626
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TUNING IN A TIVO BOX

I just got a new Tivo box how do I tune it in, it's all connected properly all I get are wavy lines. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am using a Scart Lead.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TUNING IN A TIVO BOX

Hi John626,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with your new TiVo®.

I've located your account and I can see that you've had a technician to fix this for you. How has it been since?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Using SCART (or HDMI) you shouldn't need to tune anything, but just select the correct input from the TV menu.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
john626
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sir, thank you for your reply, but I don't get a menu I all I have are wavy lines, I suffer from chronic epilepsy, I'm afraid to look at the screen too long for fear of seisure, I asked yesterday for an engineer to call, I was told Thursday between 1 and 6 pm, today I got a call telling me engineers don't tune Tivo boxes. I'm disabled bed ridden with Parkinson Disease and heart and stroke problems, I really miss not having the TV, I have the full XL Package. Sorry to go a bit.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi what Ben means is there is a setting on the actual TV itself whereby you select the correct input so the virgin box & TV (See) or are connected to each other, do you have a friend or a trustworthy neighbour that knows a bit about it, was it installed originally by an engineer, if so surely he should have made sure it was linked properly.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
john626
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Micky, no the box was delivered onb Saturday, my wife read and installed it yesterday, phoned the number provided so they could send the signal tv is set to AV as it says in manual, no engineer, when I got this problem yesterday, I phoned and was put onto a call centre the chap I spoke to said I could get and engineer between the hours of 1 and 6 pm on Thursday, today at lunch time I received a call telling me I'm not getting an engineer, as they don't tune Tivo boxes. I pay £146.00 a month for my services and I have not got the full use of them, I had a wee standard box that was working okay, but they are doing away with them this was a free upgrade, as my wife has the 1TB in the living room, I'm bedridden so cannot watch tv from my living room. All I have are wavy lines no menus nothing, it's the only AV Channel the box will work on the others are blank.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi John626,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with your new TiVo®.

I've located your account and I can see that you've had a technician to fix this for you. How has it been since?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sounds like its a self install tivo which i add issues with there not easy to install i wasnt clear with the messages they were sending i thought if this goes wrong then im in a mess and it did they were asking me all sorts it stated you need engineer to sort this it was not easy i think thats what that chap as got
0 Kudos