Menu
Mredthehorse
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TIVo box pixellating and locking up

GM

I have problems with my 1Tb Tivo box. It is pixellating and locking up shows, especially those I've recorded (but not exclusively).

Problems are not confined to any particualr channel.

I have switched the Tivo off and restarted it several times but to no great avail: the box soon locks up again Smiley Sad

last night, the box got into a "state" and switched *itself* off, rebooting (which took an age to complete). Clearly the Tivo has some problems that are hardware related.

I would like the box REPLACED ASAP, as I believe it is beyond economic repair.

Thank you. I look forward to a moderators response.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVo box pixellating and locking up

Hi Mredthehourse,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting disruption with the TiVo® right now.  I'll be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have carried out some checks with your box remotely and whilst the signal and power levels are fine, I did find detectable errors with the hard drive part of the box.

I will need to arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you, I will pop all the details in a private message for you.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mredthehorse
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVo box pixellating and locking up

GA all

A new TiVo box was fitted this pm - very much faster with loading channel guide etc - thank you very much!

Does anyone know how much time it takes for the new machine to be fully registered on the network, so as to be able to transfer series links, thumbs, etc from the old box (on line via TV Anywhere) to the new box??

Over the past hour or so I get the message

"Oops, there was a problem - unfortunately it has not been possible to add your request to the TiVo queue."

Thank you

Mred

0 Kudos
Mredthehorse
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVo box pixellating and locking up NOW C133 error - Network Availablity

Still broken...

TiVo box has NO connectivity (it says) for "Catch Up" or "On Demand" - Network Availability C133.

Any ideas please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Mredthehorse
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

GM all The TiVo box STILL has NO Catch Up or On Demand availability - error C133 still showing Smiley Sad Will an engineer need to be sent please? Thanx Mred.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mredthehorse,

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this network error after the box was swapped.  I will get this checked out for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all is showing connected and online right now.  Has the error now cleared?  

If not, then please follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > NETWORK > CONNECT TO MY VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICE NOW

This is a service connection process and will take usually around a few minutes to complete but can take up to 40 minutes.

Carry this out and let me know if this helps resolve the error you're getting.  Keep me posted, I'm here to help.

Collette. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Mredthehorse
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

GM Collette

Thank you for trying to help here.

NO. I have done the Network Connection process as you suggested (thank you) and the screen says it is "successful".

However, the Home Screen *still* says "C133 - network availability" problems, and I still get the "Oops" message when trying to migrate my previous TiVo box series links, thumbs, etc across to the new box.

What next please?

Thank you

Mred

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mred,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm sorry the service connection didn't help.  I will arrange for an engineer to call back round for you.  As before I will pop the details in a  private message.

Thank you for your patience.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Mredthehorse
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Collette. Technology, eh?? best regards Mred
0 Kudos
Mredthehorse
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

GM Collette!

just to report that the engineer called yesterday and he fitted another new box.

This one works very well! The migration of my previous series links has also taken place "overnight", after I set it going yesterday evening - so very happy Smiley Happy

Thank you very much for your help!

Best wishes

Mred

0 Kudos