Menu
thebill57
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO

I have an LED TV connected to my Tivo.  Just bough a sound bar because tv sound is poor.  Would the optical connecter on the TIVO carry the sound to the soundbar?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TIVO

I know what you mean about modern TV sound!

In answer to your question, It certainly should do. I don't know if you need to change any settings on the Tivo in this instance.

An alternative solution :

If your TV has an ARC (Audio Return Channel)  HDMI port, you can use that port for the sound bar, and the Tivo in the other HDMI port. 

That's how mine is set up 

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Certain TVs and AV receivers may have no sound or distorted audio when connected using an HDMI cable. This can be solved by adjusting audio settings from 'Dolby Digital' to 'Dolby Digital to PCM.' This setting is accessible by navigating from  Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio > Dolby Digital then selecting 'Dolby Digital to PCM.'

Try this and let us know if it works

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
Tags (2)

All Replies
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I know what you mean about modern TV sound!

In answer to your question, It certainly should do. I don't know if you need to change any settings on the Tivo in this instance.

An alternative solution :

If your TV has an ARC (Audio Return Channel)  HDMI port, you can use that port for the sound bar, and the Tivo in the other HDMI port. 

That's how mine is set up 

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
thebill57
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately I only have 1 HDMI port. I've got a USB posrt so going to try USB Bluetooth dongle to connect soundbar with TV sound turned off. Hopefully should resolve the issue.
0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Certain TVs and AV receivers may have no sound or distorted audio when connected using an HDMI cable. This can be solved by adjusting audio settings from 'Dolby Digital' to 'Dolby Digital to PCM.' This setting is accessible by navigating from  Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio > Dolby Digital then selecting 'Dolby Digital to PCM.'

Try this and let us know if it works

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
Tags (2)
thebill57
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah worked ok. Thanks fnow tying to connect a soundbar but unfortunately I only have 1 HDMI port. I've got a USB port so going to try USB Bluetooth dongle to connect soundbar with TV sound turned off. Hopefully should resolve the issue.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thebill57,

Welcome into the Community and posting your message to us. It's great to see that you have already had some help from forums members. I would like to ask if you have been able to test this and is the sound better now?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos