Menu
R5oss
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO update 20.5.7. - problems

1) Quicker after a re-boot, but soon slows down and becomes inconsistent in the delay/lag response to remote commands (button pressing).

2) Stop Recording & Delete no longer works, it did before this update !.

0 Kudos
NeilH1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO update 20.5.7. - problems

Since the update, I haven't had any of the previous problems re slow to respond to commands, but I have certainly experienced the second point raised about the 'stop recording and delete'. It happened to me two nights ago when I tried to carry out that procedure. I thought maybe I had done something wrong, but now I see that other users are having the same problem.

deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

....ah, so this is a bug then??

I also tried the "Stop Recording and Delete" last night, whilst watching Humans on Channel 4.  Just as the program was finishing (I was watching the actual program on Ch 4 as opposed to my recording in My Shows), I clicked the "Stop Recording and Delete", however, all it did was stopped the recording?! I had to then also press the "Clear" button on my remote (bottom left I think!), to actually delete the program......

Smiley Indifferent

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So VM's testing programme is as successful as ever.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
dodgem21
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Who on earth tests these things? Virgin sort it out for goodness sake.
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

deans6571 wrote:

....ah, so this is a bug then??

I also tried the "Stop Recording and Delete" last night, whilst watching Humans on Channel 4.  Just as the program was finishing (I was watching the actual program on Ch 4 as opposed to my recording in My Shows), I clicked the "Stop Recording and Delete", however, all it did was stopped the recording?! I had to then also press the "Clear" button on my remote (bottom left I think!), to actually delete the program......

Smiley Indifferent

That bugs been around for ages... seen it in RC23 (and earlier builds) and back in phase 5 20.4.3 & 20.4.3.1 releases.

It only seems do it very occasionally so I guess its some very minor timing issue that in rare circumstances causes the deletion to fail. I have only ever seen it doing a clear from My Shows whilst it was still recording but logic would seem to suggest it is probably the same bug.

The fact its so rare and cannot be easily reproduced is one of the main problems. Could you tell me what other recordings the box was doing at the time including any overlapping recordings?

Maybe changes done in the code to improve the responsiveness have exasperated this minor timing issue so it is now more prevalent and more likely to occur? As I have not had the update to RC24 yet (hopefully this week as they did say all customers would have it by the end of the month) I can't comment any further.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos