Menu
scruffer04
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

TIVO to TIVO streaming copyright restriction

Took delivery of a second Tivo and I have setup them to allow streaming from one box to another. I can now view shows recorded on box 1 on box 2 in the other room. Great, saves me from having to watch Eastenders, I can go into the other room and view a programme recorded earlier on the main box. 

But, there is always a but, I went into the other room and found out that Sky Sports recorded shows are not allowed to streamed due to Copyright. What a load of rubbish. I don't see why this restriction is in place. The second Tivo box has the same access to channels as the main box so why the restriction???  What it has now meant is that I have had to programme BOTH Tivo boxes to record Sky Sports as I don't know which room I'll end up watching the games. This is pure duplication, a waste of time and energy and so frustrating when streaming solves all this.   

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO to TIVO streaming copyright restriction

...and who's restriction do you think it is? Sky or Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What Sky Sports show or channel(s) are you having problems with?

All streaming fine as far as I am aware - at least they were last weekend on the F1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
scruffer04
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It was NFL programme from Thursday night

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

scruffer04 wrote:

It was NFL programme from Thursday night

Is streaming working for you at the moment on Sky Sports? Do you normally record and stream the NFL programme or is this first time you tried that specific programme?

Not knowing much about the NFL rights I wonder whether if there are a few programmes that Sky don't have the rights to stream on any platform? Anyone else able to offer any thoughts on this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Was it Sky Sports Mix? Looks like it's not enabled on there as I can do all the other Sky Sports channels.
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

GarethF wrote:
Was it Sky Sports Mix? Looks like it's not enabled on there as I can do all the other Sky Sports channels.

I noticed that from the Sky Sports website you can't live stream Sky Sports Mix either so I guess it's a Sky restriction although it looks as though you can stream from the VM TV Anywhere site as it does not redirect to the Sky website but attempts to stream from the VM servers (didn't actually try as it meant messing around with changing registered devices - 2 limit device is a pain). So for those who subscribe to Sky Sports you want to make sure you don't record from Sky Sports Mix but from the other Sky Sports channel otherwise you are stuck watching it on the box its recorded on.

0 Kudos
scruffer04
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It appears thanks to the new series link + the nfl show was recorded from mix not ss1. Tried other sky sports and they stream. Will see if it is a nfl restriction tonight. Thanks for all your replies
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

scruffer04 wrote:
It appears thanks to the new series link + the nfl show was recorded from mix not ss1. Tried other sky sports and they stream. Will see if it is a nfl restriction tonight. Thanks for all your replies

That could be a pain as I guess the NFL hops around between Sky Sports 1/2/3/4/5 so you want an all series link but need to avoid Sky Sports Mix. If there is no chance of Sky Sports Mix being MRS enabled in the future then you will either have to keep an eye on it and manually move any scheduled recordings. I was going to suggest trying a wishlist but I guess this will also record from Sky Sports Mix as well.

If any forum mods Smiley Wink pickup on this any chance you could investigate as to whether the Sky Sports Mix not being enabled for MRS is intentional or whether it is disabled in error?

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here.

I suggest calling CS and complaining - as it actually means you can not realiably use SL+ on the Sky Sports channels with MRS.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos