Menu
tiger_1310
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TIVO stuck on updating stage 1 of 3...

Turned on my TV about 2 hours ago only to find a message saying the TIVO is updating and not to switch it off. 

It also said it will take a few minutes...2 hours later it is still on stage 1 of 3, not even sure it is actually doing anything!

How long should it take and can it be switched off to try again???

Tags (2)
Oldlink
Just joined
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO stuck on updating stage 1 of 3...

I have exactly the same problem, the progeress bar fills up then goes back to empty but it stays at stage 1 of 3, been doing it for a couple of hours.

tiger_1310
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes same here with the progress bar...have no idea if it is actually updating or if it's not doing anything at all.

0 Kudos
Chrissolomon
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Me too, stuck on stage 1 since 7.30am this morn - turned it off at 1800, went through stages 2/3, it restarted, now 'installing software'.... For 18mins so far?! Is it stuck? Probably - yet as I type this, the screen refreshed itself - but alas, still installing... 20mins so far... Now it's done. Moan over, but I will post anyway to give others hope.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tiger_1310
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so as I had some series link programs that were due to record tonight, I took the plunge and switched it off...and on again.  After another 45 minutes it has updated and is working now.

These updates are pretty poorly handled...they tell you not to turn it off, and yet you are left not knowing if it is working or if it is stuck.  And then if it is stuck, what else are you supposed to do but turn it off! 

Messy!

0 Kudos
Longdyke
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Come on Virgin, whats happening? I'm not a fan of rebooting in the middle of an update, please advise what is going on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys,

Thanks for your posts and apologies for the time it's taken for us to reach your posts. We've been a little behind lately and are playing catch up.

I'm sorry that the installation of the update didn't happen as flawlessly as it should of. How have things been since you all posted? Has the update installed now? 

Come back and let us know if you are still having an issue.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tiger_1310
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The update has installed, but ever since the update the TIVO has been running very very slow. For example, there is about a 10-15 second delay from when you press play on a recorded show to when it actually plays! Did a restart of the box, but made no difference, still frustratingly slow.
0 Kudos
Longdyke
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

One Tivo has updated OK. I had to remove the power to restart the update and left it overnight, so no idea how long it took.

My second Tivi box has updated automatically but I don't have any of the following catchup services 5 OD, 4 OD & ITV player. I do have the BBC iPlayer and a lot of other ones.

Please give me back my other catchup servcies.........

Tom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi tiger_1310

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us.

I'm massively sorry for the problems you're experiencing at the moment, we are aware of an issue with our TiVo service and are working hard to resolve it, you can keep up to date with the issue by keeping an eye on [this thread].

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos