Menu
sm162009
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TIVO sooooo sloooow...

Hi

I'm not long moving from Sky to Virgin and I'm beginning to regret it. I can deal with the Catch Up interfaces being poor and not optimised for television but the performance is awful. I can sit for almost 5 minutes sometimes waiting for things like the BBC iPlayer to initialise and then when I'm on it browsing the shows is also painfully slow. Is there a software update I can apply or something to improve things? Or even a better box(I have a V+ HD box). Thankfully I have an Amazon Fire TV which I can use because the TIVO is really bad.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO sooooo sloooow...

Hi sm162009

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service recently, it's not the service we want for you and I'd like to help to get this issue resolved.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. We're not detecting any issues at the moment though, does this issue occur at certain times of the day?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sm162009
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D wrote:

Hi sm162009

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service recently, it's not the service we want for you and I'd like to help to get this issue resolved.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. We're not detecting any issues at the moment though, does this issue occur at certain times of the day?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

Thanks Craig - I really appreciate it. To be honest I havent been able to pin point it to a specific time as yet. I was on on Tuesday night however and it took less time - this was at around 8:30 pm maybe. I'd say to get to the BBC iPlayer home page it was about 45 seconds. Navigation on the iPlayer is pretty painful though - I suspect it's down to the capabilities of the box rendering the content though. 

I presume Virgin don't have 'faster' boxes do they? My TIVO seems really sluggish when doing anything at all in the UI.

Thanks again,

Steve.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Steve

All our TiVo boxes are similar in speed so I don't think that's the problem. I can see that the box has been turned on for some time so would you be able to reboot the box so I can run some fresh tests?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos