Menu
stconway
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

TIVO slow

I've just joined the community and browsed through for an answer to my slow TIVO box.

It seems to me there are lots of TIVO users that are experiencing ridiculously slow response times with their TIVO (I am one of them) but haven't seen any sensible responses from anyone (including VIRGIN technical staff) as to why.

Considering the amount of money that I and the rest of you are paying to Virgin is it too much to expect them to take the issue seriously and give a proper response?

KalamakiBob
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO slow

I fully agree with this comment.  The box is ridiculously slow to react to commands, is clunky and hard to use.  The so called 'improvements' t the link settings are far from an improvement in my opinion.

Is there any resolution or will we have to put up with these 10 second or so pauses whilst the machine decides what to do next.

In addition is anyone finding Netflix almost unwatchable due to buffering and lost connection.  I'm paying for Vivid and I still get the breaks in service.

And now they want more money.....

Ive only recently moved TV service from SKY and for all their faults the service is fast and I found it reliable and easier to use. Tivo is very much on the catch up here.

boysim34
Dialled in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

same here as well
KalamakiBob
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting rankings from Virgin for my contribution.  Great, still no answers though!

0 Kudos
stconway
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This is the first time I've joined one of these communities and the main thing that strikes me is this.

It provides a platform for members to complain and try to find their own answers to problems whilst leaving Virgin alone.

I know I'm cynical, it comes with experience but I sincerely doubt whether anyone from Virgin ever reads these posts except when they feel the need for a good laugh and the really sad thing is that they are no worse in this respect than BT or Talk Talk.

KalamakiBob
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

stconway.  I think you're right in the first part but VM staff do read and comment if they can on the subject.  I think the issue is that they have no answer to the complaint.  Tivo is slow and when they try to upgrade the service it slows the box down as they are asking too much from the box.  That is what we are stuck with it appears until they redesign the box.

Good thing about my package is I can call 150 on my VM phone and get the same lack of response to the query there as well (24/7)!  

Something to think about when my package comes up for renewal.

I might get another 'badge' for this comment as well - It's a win/win!

stconway
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well I got a new badge which more than makes up for the Tivo's lack of performance! (not)

daw123
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm a new VM customer and I think I need to look into the legalities of VM being in breach on contract as the service they are providing is not as described because their equipment is not fit for purpose. Also, maybe it should be reported to Trading Standards because the service is clearly misrepresented.

The vast number of customers having the same issue as evidenced by the number of threads / posts on this forum proves that my experience is not isolated.
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Apologies for the inconvenience. This is an issue we are aware of and are working to resolve.

Keep an eye on this thread for more information and updates.

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
TAWRIGHT
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo box was never the quickest, then the last update came thru and the responses went thru the floor!

Call cust service and followed all the instructions given - including clearing all the thumbs up/down and suggestions  ..  but no difference.

Engineer visited and gave me a shiny new box.  Guess what ... yes you are right... I've still got the very slow responses!!

By the sounds of this (and other threads) its a general issue across the customer base.  Not the best time to put up prices especially given that a key part of their product range is not up to the job!

Considering options for future service supplier now....

Smiley Sad