Menu
chasandles100
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TIVO slow showing menus and guide

Over the last few months I've noticed my TIVO box getting progressively slower. Only when browsing menus and tv guide. It's worse after just starting up and gets a little better as it "warms up". Specifically, I'll push the guide button. I'll get the main screen divisions with the live tv ok in the top right corner but nothing else for about 30 sec to a minute when the guide eventually appears. No probs after that unless I switch to, for example, My Shows, when the scenario will play out again. I have no problems with live tv or replay of recorded content in either HD or SD. It's like all the updates it's had are too much for the processor. Might this be the case?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO slow showing menus and guide

That and over utilisation on the network. I've had TiVo for about 5 years and always liked it but the more this goes on the more attractive sky Q looks.

they say rebooting once a week helps which it did about a year ago. Not now. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi chasandles100,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that things are running slowly when navigating the menu system.  I'll be happy to take a look at this for you.

I have carried out some checks and there is some signal issues that need addressing.  I would normally go ahead and arrange for an engineer to call round and get fixed, I can see you already have an appointment for the Broadband service which is great to see.  I will add notes for the engineer and they can check out both services for you at the same time.

It would be great if you could let me know how you get on afterwards.  I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rshd301
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me piggy-backing into this post but it caught my eye as my TiVo box performance has been deteriorating over the last few months. I'd be keen to hear if any actions taken have helped.

Thanks,

Neil

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi rshd301,

Welcome to the community forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing issues with the TiVo® service.  I'll b e happy to help look into this for you.

If you can let me know exactly what symptoms you're getting, whether they affect channel changes, menu navigation, Apps etc that would be great Smiley Happy

I have had an initial look at the box remotely and signal wise all looks fine.  The network side of things looks great too with no high demand issues present.  Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
chasandles100
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette. Engineer came and sorted, (to a point), my broadband issues. I mentioned the telly but he didn't do anything with it. I actually had a "freeze" in one of my recorded programmes the other day. Not had any since, and the programme had been recorded a fortnight before, so it may well not be related.
0 Kudos
chasandles100
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes. I used to reboot regularly. Doesn't now seem to make any difference.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi chasandles100,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I have taken another look at your box remotely and this time round there are some detectable signal faults that need fixing.  

I will need to arrange for an engineer to call back round for you.  I will be happy to arrange for an appointment for you, I will send the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos