Menu
nevyn1972
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TIVO slow in menus and transitioning between recordings and TV

I was wondering why Virgin Media hasn't put a banner on their website stating that the Tivo boxes don't require their smart cards anymore, and that leaving them in is causing issues?

I have had issues for months, navigating between menus and waiting for the TV to come full screen after being in the menus. We can wait anything from 5 seconds to 30 seconds waiting for the system to respond, and it is infuriating.

It seems, after looking at a few threads in the forum, that the smart cards are not required anymore as their function is now being handled by software, and keeping them in the machine is causing these sorts of issues.

Granted, I only removed my card 4 days ago but I can definitely see a 100% improvement and have experienced none of my previous issues since then.

Why is this information not being related to customers?  I was on the verge of leaving Virgin Media as i'm sure many others have done in the past with these sorts of issues. Surely Virgin Media would like to keep their customers happy? (Well, as happy as they can with their recent price rises)

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO slow in menus and transitioning between recordings and TV

nevyn1972 wrote:

It seems, after looking at a few threads in the forum, that the smart cards are not required anymore as their function is now being handled by software, and keeping them in the machine is causing these sorts of issues.

Granted, I only removed my card 4 days ago but I can definitely see a 100% improvement and have experienced none of my previous issues since then.

Why is this information not being related to customers? 

er, because Virgin do not believe in keeping their customers informed ? 

such a good question - we should keep bumping it until forum staff come up with a response

0 Kudos
dodgem21
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO slow in menus and transitioning between recordings and TV

I have removed the smartcard from mine improved speed for a day then back to really slow again.

0 Kudos