Menu
pkaylor
Tuning in
Message 1 of 44
Flag for a moderator

TIVO running ridiculously slow - Is becoming a reason to switch...

The last update for my TIVO box has made it incredibly frustrating to watch recorded programmes...I've rebooted the box as per usual instructions. Drive is no where near full. This is definitely related to software upgrade, this needs resolving quickly otherwise I will just switch to SKY irrespective of the costs...

Tags (3)
dene129
Joining in
Message 2 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO running ridiculously slow - Is becoming a reason to switch...

I have to say my TIVO box has had the update too and is also very slow, even after rebooting several times it is still painfully slow to watch record programs, even deleting them is slow.  Pleas sort this or i will also look to move.  When i called 150 they did not seem to be aware that there was an issue.

mantonl
Tuning in
Message 3 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Same here, i'm now having to reboot all 3 of my TiVo's every 2 days since the software update, all this money a month just to watch a spinning logo on the screen or it totally crash and reboot itself. No doubt it will take virgin the usual 3 months or so to admit they have messed up yet another software upgrade and then wait 6 months after that to get a fix pushed out to them. On the up side, when it does actually respond the numbers are a nice gold colour when I press buttons while in the guide

Tezerez
Joining in
Message 4 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Tivy box now reeeaaallyy slow despite being only 6% full. Also why does box now record hundreds of streamed programmes I never asked it to? Took ages to delete and change all series links to exclude streamed stuff. The service is too expensive to run this slow.

cojoba
Just joined
Message 5 of 44
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo box is also running exceptionally slow and it has been since Virgin has introduced the new recordings that now record various series and streamed videos.  Whenever I click anything it takes ages to respond, it is becoming very frustrating and like others if it is not fixed soon I will look at changing service providers.  My box isn't anywhere near full, my broadband is fine, and to be honest I have spoken to several people who have Virgin Media TV and they are all saying the same thing.

I would be interested in what Virgin has to say about this.  

cokdeli
Dialled in
Message 6 of 44
Flag for a moderator

There was me thinking it was just me, no amount of resetting helps. This is a new box so I'm sure it's not the new one.

Drives me crazy when on the TVs guide and recording programmes and I have a black screen for sometimes well over a minute when returning to TV.

Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 7 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I would like to support this complaint. Moving around the Menu system is painfully slow with "spinning logos" appearing for ages, and often the move fails and I return to the previous display. I have restarted the TiVo box several times but this makes no difference.

Mainly, I am using the menus and displays associated with "My Shows" - yesterday it refused to move to the "Explore This Show" display.  Can someone explain why this has started since the recent sofware "upgrade" and what can be done to cure it?

Dialled in
Message 8 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Some threads 20000+ views but VM ignore.

Djoudi
Tuning in
Message 9 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Ditto to everything. My box is so frustrating.
hansi
Superfast
Message 10 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Mine is the same problem. I didn't know there was a software update but if there was, it's rubbish. Painfully slow yet the prices keep on going up. Sort it out VM!