Menu
emeryclan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TIVO recordings keep pausing

Although live TV is fine , my recording have begun to stutter and pause. suspect a hard disk problem but do not want to lose my current recordings. Is there a known solution and can I back them up just in case, 

0 Kudos
someonehelp
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO recordings keep pausing

Hi

have you had any luck with this problem? This has started happening to my recordings also

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi emerycIan,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting stuttery pictures on recordings.  I'll be happy to look into this for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and it is as you suspected a hard drive issue.  I have found some errors there so I will need to arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you.

It is highly likely the box will be replaced, if that's the case I do apologise but we will be unable to save the recordings on the current box.   Once the new box is in place you can copy data relating to Series Links, Wish Lists and Thumbs Ratings over so it will save you a heap of time in setting them up again.  Instructions can be found here:

How to copy TiVo® settings

I will send you details of arranging and engineer in a private message, look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi someonehelp,

A warm welcome to you also to our community Smiley Happy 

I have taken a look at your box remotely as well and I can also see errors when checking the hard drive status.  I am sorry for the disruption this is causing.

I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you.  All the details are in a private message, look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos