Menu
GaryUK
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO picture quality issues (fuzzy) with new Sony Bravia TV - any pointers please?

I've just upgraded my TV to a 43" (smart) Sony Bravia (KDL). Connecting the TIVO box via HDMI cable was easy enough and it recognised the box easily. The problem is that the picture quality is dire - very disappointingly fuzzy - any pointers please? Thanks!!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO picture quality issues (fuzzy) with new Sony Bravia TV - any pointers please?

First the obvious..are you watching a HD channel? SD and HD channels are seperate...

0 Kudos
GaryUK
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO picture quality issues (fuzzy) with new Sony Bravia TV - any pointers please?

Thanks - HD channels are certainly closer to what I'd expect, but the other channels are poor... especially when text appears...  I'm hoping its just a change of settings on the TIVO box or the external appliance, but I'm no expert in these matters ;-/

0 Kudos
GaryUK
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

oh and playing DVDs is just as poor....

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Then it will be either the TV or the leads, if the leads are a lower version than 1.3 you can get static as the lead can't carry the bandwidth

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How are you connecting your DVD player to your TV?

0 Kudos