Menu
icantgetaloggin
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO model number for Bose Lifestyle 650 and Bose Remote set-up.

Hiya All

I have been lucky enough to get one of these surround TV systems and am struggling a little to set up the Virgin Media box with the Bose system/ remote.

I need the make and model number of the Virgin Tivo box to enable the pre-programming of the remote (the setup requires a name and model number). The box I have is a 1TB Samsung that has SMT C7101 written on the back but alas, this is not recognised under either Virgin Media or Samsung. In the system info under platform is written SMT C7101 which does correspond to the label on the back.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou in advance!

Andy 

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO model number for Bose Lifestyle 650 & Bose Remote set-up.

Do you want to

• Control the Bose system with your TiVo remote?  OR
  • Control the TiVo with your Bose remote?

Either way I hate you BTW Smiley Embarassed Jealousy is a terrible thing...

icantgetaloggin
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Kippies

I'm trying to get the Bose remote to control my 'other devices'. The process isn't like it used to be with code numbers etc, its a software part of the Bose set up that asks for the make and model of the device. Its called Bose Unify.........supposed to make things easy!!

Don't be jelly mate..........the money to pay for this was from an inheritance :-( 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All Virgin Media STBs use the same IR Codes so selecting any Virgin Media STB should work however I would not recommend using any other remote to control the TiVo as it will not have the full function set of the TiVos remote.

I believe that Bose actualy use the Logitech Harmony IR Code Database and if i remember rightly all that has in there is the Virgin Media V+HD.
You would need to set the make as Virgin Media.

Also Note that Virgin Media use there own IR codes and using the make of box will not work e.g. selecting a samsung, or cisco. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
icantgetaloggin
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your replies!!!

Blood, sweat and tears sorted it!!! (as well as a full system reset back to shipping settings!)

One thing I should have said (if I had known) is the Bose remote is wifi, not IR......it uses the CEC through HDMI and only uses IR if you set it up and use the IR extenders provided by Bose if CEC doesn't work.

The answer was there all along........well sort of...........I selected TIVO as the make and it took it automatically. So far, I have full control using the Bose remote but like you said Tidus, I will probably find something I cant control so I wont be taking the batteries out the virgin remote and putting it away in a drawer!!

Thankyou for your time!!

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really glad you managed to get that sorted out with the help of our Community members.

Pop back if you ever need anything else.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out