Menu
littlebrooklyn
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TIVO keeps rebooting

I've had 3 issues today with my TIVO box.

When I turned it on this morning for the first time ever I had a pale green screen with white writing saying there was some major problem with my TIVO box and it would take up to 3hrs to fix it!

When it finally started working I thought that would be the end of it, but twice today it's just turned itself off and rebooted, but really slowly.  

I don't think it's an area issue as I have a V+ box in the other room and that's working fine.

Last time I had a problem I ended up with a new box and lost all my recordings.  Right now my box is about 50% full and as I downgraded my package earlier this year and lost a lot of HD channels there are things on it that I won't be able to get again, so I'm wary of getting an engineer in if it's something that might just clear up on it's own.  Or perhaps I am being unrealistically optimisitic!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TIVO keeps rebooting

little brooklyn i add that green screen when i got tivo replaced with white writing on so i think its down to the tivo causing issues there could be a tuner thats out or a signal issues the only way to find out what it is to wait for forum team to come forward to take a look on their system to see if they can spot anything if they do they will contact you for engineer assistance im only helping you out because the forum team take longer to get to answer you cheers jonni
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there littlebrooklyn,

Really sorry to hear about the fault experienced with your TiVo®.

Many thanks for your assistance with this @jonathanlouis. Smiley Happy

I'd like to investigate this further for you but I am unable to locate your account at present.

I've sent you a private message for us to chat some more.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Littlebrooklyn,

Many thanks for taking the time to reach out to us after Nat's post. 

I can see that we have been replying to you in another thread and through PMs. If you do experience any more issues please let the team or myself know and we'd love nothing more than to help you Smiley Happy

Many thanks.

Ben

All Replies
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

little brooklyn i add that green screen when i got tivo replaced with white writing on so i think its down to the tivo causing issues there could be a tuner thats out or a signal issues the only way to find out what it is to wait for forum team to come forward to take a look on their system to see if they can spot anything if they do they will contact you for engineer assistance im only helping you out because the forum team take longer to get to answer you cheers jonni
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there littlebrooklyn,

Really sorry to hear about the fault experienced with your TiVo®.

Many thanks for your assistance with this @jonathanlouis. Smiley Happy

I'd like to investigate this further for you but I am unable to locate your account at present.

I've sent you a private message for us to chat some more.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
littlebrooklyn
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've only just opened the box with the new TIVO today as weirdly my existing one seemed to stop rebooting so I carried on using it.

Today I phoned Customer Service to arrange to send the new box back and then this evening the box crashed again and it's taken ages to come back on.  Really had thought it was just a glitch, but I guess it really does have something wrong with it.

So I take out the new box only to see it's not a Samsung one like the existing one but a Cisco one, which I thought they didn't make anymore?

I am clueless as to how to swap the boxes over and to be honest I'm not happy to be swapping a box that has good reviews with one that seems to have so many bad ones.  So do I just keep on using a box that crashes or get someone round to help me swap over to one that people say is no good Smiley Frustrated

Lyn

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Littlebrooklyn,

Many thanks for taking the time to reach out to us after Nat's post. 

I can see that we have been replying to you in another thread and through PMs. If you do experience any more issues please let the team or myself know and we'd love nothing more than to help you Smiley Happy

Many thanks.

Ben

Kharaa1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've having the issue, TiVo slows down and reboots, been happening for a long time. Rang Virgin support and been told that it's a common fault that Engineers have been working on since they sent out an update June 2016. They can send me a replacement box but that would do the same thing. Asked about the new v7 box, was told that does not have the same problem but I would need to pay £50 for that.

Was told by customer services that they were not aware of this fault, and they would send an Engineer to fix the box. I questioned why I've been told that a replacement box would not fix the fault and why customers service are telling me the opposite.

No answer to that, someone is telling porkies😐

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kharaa1,

Thanks for posting in the community.

I can see on the account that a technician has been regarding this issue so if you're still experiencing any problems then please let us know.

All the best

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos