Menu
kingfiz69
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TIVO has deleted 20% of Recordings without warning. No reason. Why?

We have lost masses of programmes too! TIVO Box was at 62% (so plenty of room) and then has managed to delete everything before 8th August!

Whole series and favourite movies are ALL gone and the Box suddenly showed 40%! Nothing in the recently deleted so unable to recover. Have powered TIVO off (mains power off). No change. we had previously rebooted September time thanks to needing to do some electrical work at home.

Such an issue has never happened before in all the time we have had a TIVO - many years now as we were early adopters so I guess the TIVO is getting on in hardware terms.

Everything was set to delete only if space needed. No logical reason for what has happened.

Nothing in the Settings should make this happen as far as I can see.  Virgin refuse to send out engineer but offer only to completely delete the remaining programmes and reset the TIVO "back to factory setttings".  I thought a key differentiator between Virgin and Sky was Virgin claim your equipment will be maintained.  

ABSOLUTELY GUTTED.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TIVO has deleted 20% of Recordings without warning. No reason. Why?

There are various bugs affecting TiVo. One is deleting programmes where people are setting up very thing to KUID which causes TiVo to have a little meltdown and create space it doesn't necessarily need

Another is where people are not regularly rebooting their boxes. For some reason this sometimes causes a mass deletion of programmes. 

Sorry this posr not typed well. And it's now refusing to keg me correct it! 

Since there era are various threads oh here going back 18 months it doesn't appear that it's going to stop happening. 

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TIVO has deleted 20% of Recordings without warning. No reason. Why?

There are various bugs affecting TiVo. One is deleting programmes where people are setting up very thing to KUID which causes TiVo to have a little meltdown and create space it doesn't necessarily need

Another is where people are not regularly rebooting their boxes. For some reason this sometimes causes a mass deletion of programmes. 

Sorry this posr not typed well. And it's now refusing to keg me correct it! 

Since there era are various threads oh here going back 18 months it doesn't appear that it's going to stop happening.