Menu
buzzw4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TIVO box very slow

Live TV is ok, but accessing My Shows or On Demand stuff can take ages.

Its actually quicker to connect my phone to the TV to watch iplayer or similar.

Tried rebooting, doesn't seem to help much. Box is nearly 4 years old.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO box very slow

Hi buzzw4,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow performance with the TiVo® service.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and signal/power levels are looking great.  What seems to be cause the slowness of menu navigation is high demand on the network.  

This has now been escalated to our network engineers to work on.  It can take some time to alleviate the high demand on the network you're connected to due to the nature of the work required to resolve this.  If by the end of next week you haven't seen any further improvement, don't hesitate to ask for an update.   We'll know more by then what's happening.

Thank you for your patience.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
buzzw4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

No not seeing any change - still feels like swimming through treacle Smiley Sad

Funny thing is, we've just connected to Amazon Prime via app on our TV, using our Virgin WiFi connection - and that's perfect. Can stream 4K via that no problem.

So at least the internet connection must be working well?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi buzzw4,

Thanks for popping back to us.  Smiley Happy

I have taken a look to check for an update, it looks like we're still working to resolve the high demand issues presently.  

The next update is due on 2nd March, if the issue is still happening then, just give us a shout and we can check for you.

The TiVo® has it's own dedicated modem which connects to a different part of the network than your Broadband service.  This will be why the TiVo® is affected and not your Broadband.  

If you need anything else, just give us a shout.

Have a nice week end Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Gordy1965
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Collette_T wrote:

Hi buzzw4,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow performance with the TiVo® service.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and signal/power levels are looking great.  What seems to be cause the slowness of menu navigation is high demand on the network.  

This has now been escalated to our network engineers to work on.  It can take some time to alleviate the high demand on the network you're connected to due to the nature of the work required to resolve this.  If by the end of next week you haven't seen any further improvement, don't hesitate to ask for an update.   We'll know more by then what's happening.

Thank you for your patience.

Collette Smiley Happy

High demand on network.......lol, never heard that one before from VM ;-)

0 Kudos