Menu
natlou
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO box stuck on starting up

Hi all, 

my tivo box was working perfectly then it switched itself of and has been stuck on the starting up screen ever since. I have rebooted it more than once, tried unplugging the hdmi cable and turning off the tv too- nothing works. I'm growing increasingly frustrated now, can anybody help?? 

Thankyou in advance

Natalie

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO box stuck on starting up

Hi Natlou, 

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment, I'm sorry that the box hasn't been booting up as it should have. 

I have been running my own tests and would like to mention that the TiVo box is showing as online now. Can you tell me if you;ve been able to boot it up?

Stay in touch Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
natlou
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,
Unfortunately it still isn't working properly. It's starting up after a lengthy period but the time is saying an hour behind time and there is still no programme information. It is also restarting itself periodically and takes a long time to come back on, getting stuck on the starting up screen in the process.
It also hasn't recorded anything in a week, this is a service I pay for and am getting increasingly frustrated.

Please try to sort this as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Natalie
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your reply and update.

I'm sorry to hear this is still an ongoing issue for you.  If the time is incorrect then this is most likely the reason why the box is rebooting itself as it's trying to correct an error.  

The next time the box is online, it's worth trying to do a service connection as this will ensure the box is all up to date.  To do this follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > NETWORK > CONNECT TO MY VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICE NOW

This process may take a few minutes to go through.  Once done, all should be up to date.  If this doesn't work, let me know and the next stage will be to book an engineer to call round for you.

Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
natlou
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,
Thankyou for your reply. I have done this several times over the past two weeks and have just tried again. Nothing works. Please book the technician if that's the next step and advise the billing department of my loss of services over the past two + weeks.

Thanks,
Natalie
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for trying that out, in that case I will be happy to arrange for an engineer for you.

I will send the details in a private message.  Look for the  icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos