Menu
Walter
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO box slow to respond to remote

I have a CISCO TiVo 500 gig with hardware version 

20.5.7.RC24-VMC-2-C00 which I believe is the version that is supposed to address the problem.

The TiVo is very slow to respond to the remote, some times not at all.

I have replaced the batters using new batteries which had not solved the problem.

I believe the controller is at fault.

Walter

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TIVO box slow to respond to remote

Hi Walter,

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know about testing the remote in your local Virgin Media shop. I'll be happy to arrange a replacement remote control for you, but I'll need to verify your details first. 

I will pop a private message over to you requesting more information. Just click on the envelope at the top right to pick up the pm. 

Speak soon,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your post on the Forum--I'm sorry that your remote isn't working after the latest TiVo update. The issue with the slow response to the remote is still being worked on by our technicians. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

I have escalated this to the faults team working on this and as soon as we have an update on this we will be back in touch.

In the meantime, please try the following:

Home > Help & Settings > Clear or Reset TiVo box > Clear Thumb Ratings & Suggestions > Enter Pin >To proceed - press Thumbs Down three times and then "LAST Ch" button on the remote. This should help speed up your response time.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Walter
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Terri_P wrote:

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your post on the Forum--I'm sorry that your remote isn't working after the latest TiVo update. The issue with the slow response to the remote is still being worked on by our technicians. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

I have escalated this to the faults team working on this and as soon as we have an update on this we will be back in touch.

In the meantime, please try the following:

Home > Help & Settings > Clear or Reset TiVo box > Clear Thumb Ratings & Suggestions > Enter Pin >To proceed - press Thumbs Down three times and then "LAST Ch" button on the remote. This should help speed up your response time.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team.

Hello Terri,

I took my controller into the VM shop in Reading and tested on their TiVo boxes and it the same symptoms of pressing the channel select key which often did not respond or jumped two channels, they said I should call VM but my problem is I have a hearing impairment which makes even negotiating the options impossible, when I have been able to speak to a agent I advise them of my hearing impairment and ask them to speak clearly and they just ignore me.

Can you please send a replacement controller?

Walter

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Walter,

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know about testing the remote in your local Virgin Media shop. I'll be happy to arrange a replacement remote control for you, but I'll need to verify your details first. 

I will pop a private message over to you requesting more information. Just click on the envelope at the top right to pick up the pm. 

Speak soon,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Walter
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Terri_P wrote:

Hi Walter,

Speak soon,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Thank you Terri, I will let you know when I have received it

0 Kudos
Walter
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Terri_P wrote:

Hi Walter,

Speak soon,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Terri,

I received the new TiVo remote this afternoon, fitted the batteries and all works just fine, I have just got to setup the TiVo remote volume as soon as I find the correct code for my Panasonic TV. 

0 Kudos