Menu
cjb1211
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TIVO box slow compared to V+

Could I ask the team to check my connections. After reading numerous posts about the appalling response times of the Tivo box, i have experienced this in just a few days after being made to replace my V+ box which had no such issues.

I have carried out the 'clear cache' solution which seems to have helped, but no excuse for this being a Hi-tek replacement which is obviously very Low-Tek.

brianmort
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO box slow compared to V+

I have exactly the same problem!

0 Kudos
cjb1211
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

try the clear cache option which did help me today, altho goodness knows for how long .. press keys Home, thumbs down, thumbs up, Play, Play .. then wait for the thing to reset which means a blank screen for 30 secs.

I thought this sort of thing was ancient history going back to Pc's running Windows 1 and 8K memory from the 80's. The guy on the 'r u leaving us' section laughed out loud when I said I still had a working V+ box .. so who's laughing now !!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cjb1211,

Many thanks for your message, I hope you're well.

I am sorry to read about the slowness on the TiVo we do appreciate that this can be frustrating.

The slow TiVo issue is still ongoing and work is being carried out currently to test the slowness against some progress we've been making. Whilst there is nothing official, I can see that there is some progress and that this has been made a priority to fix.

In the meantime, I taking a look at your V+ box and it's clear to see that the box isn't communicating with us, if this is so then you would need an engineer to help bring this back online. If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

Speak to you soon.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cjb1211
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OMG.. the reason you cannot communicate with my V+ box is that I now have one your rubbish TIVO boxes, but I would dearly like to re-instate my V+ box until you can provide a decent service. Please advise how i can do this. ASAP.

cjb1211
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

there is NO message in my inbox !!

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That is class the original message is that the customer had no issues with their V+ but was made to swap it to a TiVo by Virgin and now they are experiencing performance issues.
You will not get your V+ back they are looking to wipe them all out of support it seems.

I still have one but I don't want a slow TiVo instead. Would gladly swap it for a V6 though
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cjb1211,

I am sorry that you had not received the PM I had mentioned, I have sent this again for you to look at. 

As for the V+ box, we're phasing them out and there are non to give out as TiVo's are the devices we're advertising. If anyone does have a V+ box, they can still have them in the home, we're only not resupplying them. If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message.

Speak to you soon.
Ben Smiley Happy

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos