Menu
BHSnapper
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TIVO box odd behaviour

I find that my TIVO box keeps recording odd programmes, often HD, that I've neither selected nor want! So this week I found 3 Bear Grylls programmes! Sometimes it's recorded odd children's programmes but I don't have any children living here. One month it recorded Castle (why WOULD I watch that?) and another part of the series Hannibal. Firstly it's damned annoying. Secondly it wastes recording space....

Any suggestions please? I'm pretty certain it's not  me pressing the record button, nor getting an unwanted series link.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TIVO box odd behaviour

Turn off "suggestions"

If you don’t like TiVo Suggestions making recordings for you, you can turn it off.
1.Go to Help & Settings from the main menu.
2.Choose Settings and enter your PIN (if you’ve set one up).
3.Choose Recordings, then Suggestions to change your settings.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Turn off "suggestions"

If you don’t like TiVo Suggestions making recordings for you, you can turn it off.
1.Go to Help & Settings from the main menu.
2.Choose Settings and enter your PIN (if you’ve set one up).
3.Choose Recordings, then Suggestions to change your settings.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
BHSnapper
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! All done. I wasn't aware that suggestions defaulted to recording. Might have been useful if it actually understood what I like to watch..... And it's encouraged me to delve into the extra settings. What fun!

Howard

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know, suggestions do not take up any recording space as such, they are not counted towards your remaining space and are automatically overwritten when space is needed. So you can just let the TiVo record them and forget about them, might be that one day it records something you might actually be interested in!

0 Kudos