Menu
stevelcfc2010
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TIVO box making ticking and humming noise

Hi

In the past few days my TIVO box has started making a ticking noise, its not very loud but I am able to hear it and its very annoying. Also my box makes a humming sounds, I think its due to the vibration through my TV cabinet, is there a way to stop both of these? Is it a sign that I may need to replace my box?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO box making ticking and humming noise

The ticking noise could be the hard drive dying. The humming you could probably solve by putting little rubber feet on the bottom of the TiVo. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO box making ticking and humming noise

Hi Stevelcfc2010,

Thank you for visiting us again in the Community, I can see you've had some help from Parrotperson already, thank you Smiley Happy

I've been testing the TV boxes in the home and not found anything out of the ordinary, however I did notice a few timeouts on the TiVo but nothing to be alarmed about. 

The advice about the feet is sound, no pun intended, and has helped in the past. The hard drive clicking is somewhat interesting as i would like to know if you you can run a controlled test of listening to when it about the record and then when it's about to play. If you can still hear this then let me know.

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos