Menu
somegeezer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Suggestions is all thumbs. No joke.

TIVO is great but the Thumbs-up, Down and Suggestions are useless. Can this feature be deleted, set as an option or user removed? It seems default is 1 thumbs-up, even "Channel Unavailable"! Before you know it everything is in your Suggestions Folder and your box decides to record for itself. Extremely irritating when you want your own choices and are told all three "recorders" are full. Why are Suggestions given priority over your own decisions? Not easy to get out of in order to record or view what you want and the only way to prevent this is to delete everything in your Suggestions and then keep on actively giving all the hundreds of channels a Thumbs-down. What could be a wonderful computer A.I. feature is a croc. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Suggestions is all thumbs. No joke.

You can turn off the Suggestions recording:

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings > Suggestions > No, don't record Suggestions

Keith

Signature 16-12-24 (forum size).png

0 Kudos
SabsH
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

During the week I don't have much time to watch TV. I mostly come home, watch BBC news and go to bed.
So currently TiVo in its wisdom records mostly ITV News at 10 and the Kardashian series under suggestions. Yup, I am really looking forward to watching Monday's news on Sunday... And to dumb myself down I will watch Kardashians.... Lol
0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's not very intelligent whatsoever, number of programmes I would never watch and nothing like I do watch it records is unbelievable, the amount of triple 3 thumbs down I've used over time and still records a load of nonsense, and then has a habit of recording the same nonsense on both the SD and HD channels at same time!

denyo1977
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have to say in all the years I had TiVo, I have regarded as completely useless. Recording the same series over and over again, which I technically don't hate (so no thumbs down), but NEVER watch (why can't TiVo recognise recordings get deleted straight away or ask if I want it recorded in future?). Or it has even happened I gave something the thumbs down and it still got recorded. I was under the impression TiVo would suggest new things to me to watch and not Keeping up appearances all over again.
0 Kudos