Menu
shane_gregory
Tuning in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

TIVO - Stuttering and Blocky Picture on ITV 4+1 and some HD channels - BS37 (Bristol)

For the last four days I've been getting a blocky or stuttering images.  I've noticed it on most channels by worde on ITV 4+1 and HD channels.

I've run a test today and it asked me to restart the TIVO box which I did and then ran a test again but it came back with issue and then ran again and cam eback okay and then tried to run but couldn't as you can only run 3 tests a day.

Any ideas?

Linked to the Youtube APP issue?

Cheers

Shane

0 Kudos
shane_gregory
Tuning in
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO - **UPDATED** - TAMPERING!!! Stuttering and Blocky Picture - BS37 (Bristol)

Just been told my two people in the same area that there has been some tampering by someone in the area with the virgin equipment which has been causing major issues and you are trying to locate the issue.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Shane

0 Kudos
Dannyton1971
Joining in
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO - **UPDATED** - TAMPERING!!! Stuttering and Blocky Picture - BS37 (Bristol)

Sounds like a load of Baloney... I'm on the West of Scotland and have the same issue!!!
0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

What have faults said when you spoke to them? Or the service status page? I'm in BS37 and haven't noticed any major TV issues.

0 Kudos
shane_gregory
Tuning in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

This was two people within 1/2 a mile radius and one was told this on the fifth call to Virgin so unless Virgin are lying there must be issues in the area.

Can Virgin support deny or agree there is issues with tampered virgin equipment in the bs37 area?

0 Kudos
shane_gregory
Tuning in
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Also I check via the service status page and run a test and every day get 'looks like you haven't restarted your box in a while' but every time I had restarted the box less than 12 hrs before. So there's a fault with the service check. I'm still getting issue with blocking and stuttering issues and when I restart the box and then run a test it comes back saying there are no issues. I moved from normal HD box to Tivo just over a month ago and unless there are issue in the area it was a bad choice for me to do.
0 Kudos
shane_gregory
Tuning in
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Issues in Scotland lol

Dannyton1971 wrote:
Sounds like a load of Baloney... I'm on the West of Scotland and have the same issue!!!

- irrelevant, I have issues in my area which wouldn't effect users in Scotland!!!!

0 Kudos
shane_gregory
Tuning in
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I've checked the signal strengths of the tuners and they are 40-50% which to me (unless this is acceptable levels) seems very low. 

Can someone from the Virgin Support Team please check my box?

Thanks

Shane

0 Kudos
shane_gregory
Tuning in
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone comment on my signal levels?

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

If you want a timely response, you really are best to call into faults-CS and have them checked in real-time. The forum team may take upto a couple of days to respond.

0 Kudos