Menu
PeggySue2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Slow and Breaking Up Can I Back Up?

Since the last TIVO update I have two problems:

1)  The TIVO is really slow to swap menus.  e.g. often 10 seconds or more to go from My Shows to the Guide.

2) When playing stored programmes the play back sometimes pixilates, pauses and jitters.  The programme is recorded OK - if I switch off and on again it will play the jittery passage.

I am concerned that if I call the help line they will send an engineer who will replace the TIVO and I will loose my programmes.  Can I back up my 700 GB of hard earned programmes or keep the disk?

P.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Slow and Breaking Up Can I Back Up?

No and No

Well technically you can back up to the likes of a DVD recorder via SCART but its in SD and takes as long as watching the programs, so that qualifies as No in my book.

VM should make TiVo's functionality clearer IMHO, its specifically designed NOT to let you back up or even store programs for long periods of time. Its really a "time shifting" device, you record something to watch at your convenience.

Archiving or saving up to binge watch a season of a particular show (as a lot of people want to do now) is NOT what it is good at.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Slow and Breaking Up Can I Back Up?

Hi PeggySue2

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service at the moment.

I'd like to run some tests on the set top box from our end but I've not been able to locate your account unfortunately, so I'm able to do that would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. I understand that you don't want an engineer to come and take a closer look while you've got programs to get through, so I won't arrange for action to be taken, I'll just take a look and let you know.

Look forward to hearing from you
Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos