Menu
rostron71
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Slow, Sometimes Won't Play Back Recordings

Hi our TIVO has been a bit unreliable the last couple of months. Menus and channel changes get incredibly sluggish, sometimes recordings won't play or live channels lose sound. Rebooting fixes the problems but after a week or so the issues start re-appearing. Is it dying?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Slow, Sometimes Won't Play Back Recordings

Hi rostron71,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're having multiple faults with your TiVo®.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you and get this fixed.

I have carried out various checks with your box remotely and currently signal and power levels show within the correct ranges, this is good to see.

There are hard drive errors that have been detected.  I will need to send an engineer round to fix this for you.  Due to the nature of the fault it is highly likely the box will be replaced.  This will sadly mean the loss of any recordings on the box currently.  I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

However, you can copy over settings relating to Series Links, Wish Lists and thumbs Ratings to the new box once it's installed.  This will save you a heap of time setting them up again.  Instructions on how to do this can be found here:

How to copy TiVo® settings

I will send you a private message with details of the engineer appointment for you, look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

rostron71
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bad HD as you suspected, TiVo replaced. Thanks for your help, Collette =0)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update rostron71,

I'm pleased to hear all is ok again now for you Smiley Happy

Should you need us again in the future don't hesitate to give the community a shout anytime.  

All the best,

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos