Menu
richiee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Rebooting Costantly... ...again!

I had an issue a couple of months ago with my Tivo box rebooting frequently, I logged the fault and engineer was arranged to visit.

The day before engineer arrived the problem seemed to remedy itself, engineer arrived and told me he could change box and lose all my recordings, but told me there had been a problem in my area, which had been fixed and this may have been the cause of the rebooting, so I opted to keep the box.

As you can probably guess issue has re-appeared, the service status page claims there is a problem in the area but does not affect TIVO boxes.

So are there any issues in my area or do I need new box.

As I type it has rebooted for the second time in 5 minutes.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Rebooting Costantly... ...again!

Hi richiee,

I'm sorry to hear that the fault is still ongoing with the box rebooting.  

I have taken a look at this for you and currently there's no issues in your area causing this fault.  I will arrange for an engineer to call back out and get this sorted.

I'll pop all the details in a private message for you.  Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

richiee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colette

Thanks for responding and arranging a visit, however I have had to cancel.

I cannot guarantee anyone being at home any day this week, and the problem has disappeared for the time being.

I appreciate you have said there were no faults in my area, but I was also told that the last time it happened, so I will leave it for now and if problem re-appears I will contact you to have a technician attend.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Regards

Richie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi richiee,

Thank for getting back to me and letting me know that you've cancelled your engineer appointment, it's much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Hopefully all will be ok from now on, if you do experience any further disruptions, don't hesitate to get back in touch.  

We're here to help if you need us.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
richiee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well, it's happening yet again.

Since last Thursday it has been crashing, status page was showing faults in area but these were rectified by Friday, but I was still having problems.

By Sunday it was rebooting every 20-30minutes so I have called for a technician. Unfortunately Thursday was the earliest they can visit, and I am unable to be at home before 5, so will now have to wait until Saturday morning.

So more than a week without being able to watch any programme without fear of it crashing, not good.

Just to rub salt in the wound, my wireless broadband speed is currently 21 Mbps on a 152Mbps connection, so streaming is constantly buffering.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi richiee

I'm so sorry to hear about the continued issues with your phone line, I've been able to take another look at the account from our end and I can see that an engineer has been arranged, which is great news Man Happy

We'd love to hear how you get on, if you need any assistance in the future you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos