Menu
JAMCT
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TIVO RECORDING PROBLEMS

NEW TIVO INSTALLED THIS WEEK- RECORDING PROBLEMS ALREADY!.

Whilst recording 2 programs I could not watch live TV as a box appeared on screen telling me that I was recording 3 and 1 of 'my 2' recordings would be ended. 'My Shows' & the ' Guide' screens both showed only 2 recordings (having paged down through all channels) ....no sign of a 3rd recording. My buffer settings are Start and End of programs as scheduled. No earlier or future recordings were set to overlap.

Summary..... I can only record 1 program whilst watching live TV. VM say I can record 2 (& even 3 whilst watching a recorded show instead of live TV).

Puzzled... any solutions & advice welcome.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TIVO RECORDING PROBLEMS

First off easiest and most reliable way of checking what's recording is to press the info button and scroll down to the R symbol. 

I susoect TiVo was recording a suggestion and whilst this isn't supposed to be prioritised above your recordings it can happen 

so. Either turn suggestion off - Go to Help & Settings from the main menu.
Choose Settings and enter your PIN (if you've set one up).
Choose Recordings, then Suggestions to change your settings.  OR when TiVo gives you that msg again press info and cancel the recording you don't know about. 

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

And check info scroll down to the r symbol. Much much re reliable that watching lights in the front of the box!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If it does happen again it may indicate an issue with the signal levels which could prevent one of the tuners from recording.

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

First off easiest and most reliable way of checking what's recording is to press the info button and scroll down to the R symbol. 

I susoect TiVo was recording a suggestion and whilst this isn't supposed to be prioritised above your recordings it can happen 

so. Either turn suggestion off - Go to Help & Settings from the main menu.
Choose Settings and enter your PIN (if you've set one up).
Choose Recordings, then Suggestions to change your settings.  OR when TiVo gives you that msg again press info and cancel the recording you don't know about. 

JAMCT
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

I already had 'Suggestions' OFF.( i.e. do not record suggestions)

There was no 3rd program recording. Only 1 LED light was lit on the Tivo front panel following my decision to keep watching my live channel and allowing the lower priority recording to be automatically cancelled. Watched it later on catch-up.

I will keep monitoring the recording activity to see if the problem persists.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

And check info scroll down to the r symbol. Much much re reliable that watching lights in the front of the box!

JAMCT
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OKY DOKY, thanks for that.

Just getting used to the new menu options. My previous Samsung V+ HD was far more straight forward and although I am a bit of a techie I think my better half is going to have some hissy fits in frustration at the sight of all these warning boxes asking her to choose between cancelling a recording/continuing to watch live TV or not etc   Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If it does happen again it may indicate an issue with the signal levels which could prevent one of the tuners from recording.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi JAMCT, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your TiVo® box recording the correct amount of programmes. 

I've taken a look at your account and it does look as though your input levels and power levels need an adjustment. We'll need to get an engineer out to you to get this resolved. 

I have sent you a private message to start the ball rolling on the appointment Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

JAMCT
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath.

Just to let you know the problem re-occurred yesterday evening (or the evening before) whereby I was watching live TV with 2 programs set to record at 21:00hr and a message box asked if I wanted to continue watching the live program OR delete the lower priority recording. I don't think this should happen?.

In the meantime I assume I will get a telephone call from VM to arrange the visit.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Kath has pm'd you re engineer visit. So look for the little envelope symbol at the top of this page. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi JAMCT, 

Thanks for coming back to me and letting me know about this. 

I have sent you a private message to arrange the appointment so the ball is your court now Smiley Happy

To access your private message, click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page, as suggested by Parrotperson.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos