Menu
vikkiod
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TIVO INSTALLATION DISASTER - STUCK ON STAGE 2

After a disastrous experience with Sky we were excited to move over to Virgin. We have gone for 2 boxes.

Engineer was rushed and didn't show us how to use anything - he just left saying things will load themselves. Well, one box has and the other hasn't. It is stuck on Stage 2 and then goes back to the beginning. Any ideas on how to solve this one?

Virgin suggested turning the box on and off and then trying again and waiting until the morning! They are now sending out another box which I will have to install myself. I am pure hopeless and am just gutted that I let the engineer go without anything working. He even forced me to sign the document to say that he has showed me everything when he hadn't. I feel cross and foolish. I am so upset and and am worried that we won't have TV for Xmas for the kids. 

A really bad initial service from Virgin. Think I might be out of the frying pan into the fire...

0 Kudos
kirk1690
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO INSTALLATION DISASTER - STUCK ON STAGE 2

just keep retrying you wont break anything ,sometimes its like an engaged phone line getting on network .it will find good connection eventually .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO INSTALLATION DISASTER - STUCK ON STAGE 2

Hi vikkiod

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service.

I've looked at your account and can see you've spoken to the team about this, which is excellent news. How have things been for you lately?

We'll be here if there's anything we're able to assist with moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos