Menu
PeterJGW
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TIVO HD Issues

On many occasions I haven't been able to get Sky movies HD on demand. We watched SD.
About a fortnight ago again I couldn't get Sky movies HD on demand, but SD was OK. I was fed up, why always me. So this time I called 150 and found I needed a signal 'boost'. Why didn't I already have a sufficient signal?

Today, we were away at a funeral. I recorded Sky Sports 1 (Man U vs Bournemouth for me) and BT Sports 4 (Dubai tennis final with Murray for my wife). The football recorded but the tennis didn't. Apparently I recorded hours of "There is a problem with this channel" or some text which was similar. I needed to reset the TIVO to get this channel back. Why? My wife is savage.

Qn #1. Can anyone tell me whether this tennis match is repeated at any other time? She'll have to watch it as there's no point me suggesting I record it for her!

Qn #2. Can anyone from VM answer why I can't rely on this TIVO service?

I spend around £1500 a year on an XL package with a flaky TV, a crackly phone and a broadband where I have yet to get 200MB (although the broadband is the best of these components).
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TIVO HD Issues

Treat your wife to tennistv.com and for £75 a year or £10 a month she can see as much ATP tennis as she wants. The service can be watched live but also has full replays so she can watch Andy's Dubai win at her leisure.

The service is supplied by the ATP themselves and has browser, Android and iOS versions. You can cast to both Chromecast and Apple TV.

It's a great service for men's tennis and the quality is superb.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Treat your wife to tennistv.com and for £75 a year or £10 a month she can see as much ATP tennis as she wants. The service can be watched live but also has full replays so she can watch Andy's Dubai win at her leisure.

The service is supplied by the ATP themselves and has browser, Android and iOS versions. You can cast to both Chromecast and Apple TV.

It's a great service for men's tennis and the quality is superb.

clouddragon1
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

you may not get upto 200mb if your pc modem can only handle 100mb you need a gigabit modem to get full speed

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

clouddragon1 wrote:

you may not get upto 200mb if your pc modem can only handle 100mb you need a gigabit modem to get full speed

It's called an Ethernet Card or the proper term is a NIC (network interface card) Not a Modem. If a PC has a modem I would suspect it would be a 56K dial up Modem. 

100Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 100Mb Business 5 Static IP (Hitron Hub)
TiVo V6 Player TV
Sky Q Entertainment, HD & Box Sets,
0 Kudos