Menu
JohnLaw
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO EPG guide not updating

Hi,

My TIVO epg guide is not updating.

When this happened before I contacted support who advised to perform a Clear programme information & My Planned Recordings from the Help & Settings on the Home screen.

Then I did a manual connect to connect to Virgin Media and the download and update finished successfully to update the program guide. The update took about an hour.

I have tried this again and I can connect to Virgin Media OK and download and update but the program guide is not updating.

Any ideas on how to get the program guide to update ?

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO EPG guide not updating

The guide should update approximately every 5-6 hours or so, if you go into Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, does it say when the last attempt was and why it failed?

0 Kudos
JohnLaw
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The last update was at 12:25 today and the status is succeeded, so the Tivo box connects OK to Virgin media but the epg is just not being updated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello JohnLaw,

Thanks for posting on the community Smiley Happy

Has the TV guide information come back yet?

If not then are you turning the box off at the mains every night or just putting it into standby?

This may require a technician so please let me know whether it's resolved.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JohnLaw
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Issue is still happening,

John
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me John.

Just before I arrange a technician I just need to know how you switch your TIVo® box off in the nights.

Turning the TiVo® box off at the mains every night can cause this to happen because important updates can't reach the box so eventually you will see messages such as 'To be Announced' and 'No Program Information'.

Speak soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos