Menu
Taf
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO EPG Walking Dead

I thought I was cracking up yesterday.

The new Walking Dead episode was supposed to have recorded overnight. No sign of it, and no errors shown. So I set it to record at 9 pm. It didn't record. The error shown was "duplicate". A quick look at "upcoming episodes" showed it being repeated at 11pm after The Talking Dead. Nope it showed The Walking Dead title but was in fact The Talking Dead. Then I noticed it had also recorded The Walking Dead automatically... and was another recording of the Talking Dead!!!

I've set it to record again not as a series link, let's hope it works!

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO EPG Walking Dead

Nope you're not the only one. Exactly the same here. I set it again so I got it twice but even though it recorded no red light showed at 9pm but the recording WAS on my shows. Weird

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did TWD not record at 02:30 Monday morning for you? Mine did. Talking Dead overran by 30 mins so it all got bumped. Fox website still wrong too.

Am hoping Talking Dead turns up on Catchup
0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Taf wrote:

I thought I was cracking up yesterday.

The new Walking Dead episode was supposed to have recorded overnight. No sign of it, and no errors shown. So I set it to record at 9 pm. It didn't record. The error shown was "duplicate". A quick look at "upcoming episodes" showed it being repeated at 11pm after The Talking Dead. Nope it showed The Walking Dead title but was in fact The Talking Dead. Then I noticed it had also recorded The Walking Dead automatically... and was another recording of the Talking Dead!!!

I've set it to record again not as a series link, let's hope it works!

...the episode at 9pm on Monday night, was indeed a duplicate. Fox actually showed the new episode at 2:30am Monday morning - the same time which it was airing in the U.S. (my TiVo recorded the 2:30am showing as I had it on Series Link - your should have done the same, if you had a Series Link). 

Taf
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had the 2:30 am recording set as a series link. That's why it was so confusing. Managed to get it yesterday and hope it's all going to be OK from now on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Taf,

Cheers for the message and hope you're well Smiley Happy

Well. That episode... It's hard to describe the feelings to go with it, don't worry, there's no spoilerz here, all I can say is I can't wait for next weeks!

I'm really glad that you've been able to grab the show, I did wonder about the 2:30 showing as others had mentioned, it was the one i decided to watch. 

If you do need any help on this in the future just let me know. I think the best one to record will be the early hours one Smiley Happy

All the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos