Menu
Sawft645
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Box not recording full shows

We've been having problems with our tivo box only partially recording shoes - it's been happening for a while now. Checked the recording hiccup folder and it says it didn't record because the power was lost or tivo box was unplugged - any advice? Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box not recording full shows

It's a bug that was introduced with the latest update to the software - it won't record when it's in standby (it says "Power Lost" as the hiccup reason for the show being "Not Recorded").

For now I'm afraid you need to not put the TiVo into standby and turn off the power saving option (Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices)

Keith

Signature 16-12-24 (forum size).png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you reset the TiVo box from the settings page it should force a download of a new version of the software 20.5.7.RC23, which, according to other posts here, has fixed this particular issue.

Nigel_F
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Graham - does resetting the box cause a loss of all Series links etc.? I found that holding the standby button for several seconds then releasing forces a software upgrade without losing anything.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nigel_F wrote:

Graham - does resetting the box cause a loss of all Series links etc.? I found that holding the standby button for several seconds then releasing forces a software upgrade without losing anything.

No it doesn't provided you select the first option to 'restart the TiVo box'.

There are options to clear other settings as well but provided you use the first on no series links or anything like that are lost.

Kris007
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

For the last week since I received the big update, my tivo box has reset around 2:30am everyday and the olympic recording has always been partially recorded. My box is set to power saving off and I leave the box on at at night. I called 150 and they said this was normall and it was TIVO performing an update. Do other people have the same problem and why does this happen everynight? Can virgin not ask TIVO to save the uodates and do it once a week and inform there customers when the update will take place?

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

if it's around the same time every night and it's a full reboot then it's more likely to be due to network upgrades rather than purely TiVo related. the current TiVo update should only required one reboot at the time the update hits.

these upgrades can take a while so might continue, if you get back on the phone make sure they check for any area upgrades that might be affecting you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Kris007

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your service at the moment.

I've located your account and run some tests just in case and we're seeing some slight errors with your set top box at the moment. If you're able to reboot the box after reading this message and give it another go, I'd love to hear how it goes.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kris007
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's still happening. That's now 12 nights in a row where the box has partially recorded due to being reset between 2-3am. Last night was a first where after recording until the box reset, the recording then did not continue and the box only started working after I took the plug out. Something must be wrong with the tivo box, please help.

0 Kudos