Menu
mom33
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Box Clicking A LOT

Hi,

We have had our TIVO box a number of years and its started a loud clicking noise which is getting more frequent.

The lights was also coming on brightly. I rebooted from mains to see if that would help.

Its still continuing to click frequently and I have heard this is associated with hard drive failure.

Help please??
0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box Clicking A LOT

Hi mom33,

Yes the clicking sound your hearing is indeed the internal hard drive failing.

Call up customer services to advise them and they should replace the box for you, if they do not then as you have been with them for a few years threaten to cancel if they do not replace the box, stick to your guns and get right through to retention's if the initial customer service adviser is of no help.

Also if you get as far as retention's to get a new box also mention the cost of your package as you will probably get a discount on your package too!

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mom33

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service recently, I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you.

We're detecting some errors and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mom33
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the checks and reply, I got your PM and have just replied. :-)
0 Kudos
mom33
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, just an update.

Engineer has been and replaced my TIVO box and remote control.

Thanks so much for the quick checks and help. :-)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Excellent news

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us mom33

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos