Menu
patbrant
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TIVO BOX VERY SLOW LATELY AFTER SERIES LINK+ introduced

My TIVO box is slow to start up and very slow in my recordings.Please Help or i will have to cancel my subscription !!

0 Kudos
Danuals
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO BOX VERY SLOW LATELY AFTER SERIES LINK+ introduced

0 Kudos
Danuals
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO BOX VERY SLOW LATELY AFTER SERIES LINK+ introduced

Just tried it, takes a few mins to re-boot but it does seem a bit snappier......
0 Kudos
Pete_Pirata
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO BOX VERY SLOW for Months

I have had this problem for a couple of months and posted a few messages. The resetting of thumb ratings and suggestions with other cache clearing actions do very little (as shown in the link http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Slow-TiVo/m-p/3195456#M143785.) Just accessing the TV guide can take up to 30 seconds, starting i-Player up to 2 minutes, most changes between menus 10 - 20 seconds etc etc.. Virgin have been aware of the problem for months. If there was a way to back-out the problematical software update they would have done so. If they had a solution for a problem affecting so many users they would have rolled it out by now. In conclusion, nothing has changed, no fixes have been provided, I think dropping the TV package for a more stable platform is the only answer. Sitting waiting for a service, for which they have announced the package charges are increasing seems commercial suicide.
0 Kudos