Menu
tonyb2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TIVO BOX MAKING A SOUND LIKE DRIPPING WATER

I have recently switched to Virgin for my phone,TV and Broadband, so far everything has been good I only have one slight problem which I think someone has mentioned here before, my box is making a really annoying sound like slow dripping water on a conservatory roof.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO BOX MAKING A SOUND LIKE DRIPPING WATER

Hi there Tonyb2, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this strange sound coming from your TiVo®, I'd also like to welcome you to the forums. 

I've done some testing on your TiVo® and can see that the signal levels are a bit off spec, so this would mean that the box is working extra hard to keep working. 

I'd like to arrange a technician to call out and get things looked at for you, so I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving. 

Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Martinjj01
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

We have also just joined Virgin. Very happy with everything so far except we are getting exactly the same noice.

Is there any way of checking to see if our settings are correct as well?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martinjj01,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too.

I've run a check on your box and there is an issue with the signal there as well as a possible hard drive problem. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician visit.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos