Menu
BIGYAM
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TIVO BOX GRRRRRRRRR why is it so useless slow complicated and basically the worst upgrade ever

Since having the tivo box i can honestly say it has been useless evrytime we want catch up it takes ages to load , the menus are confusing and its that slow that i keep repressing buttons which must be overloading it  !!really peeed off with it i have tried rebooting several times makes no difference !

We are sat here now 10 mins waiting for BBC i player which has just frozen and no buttons will work 

0 Kudos
wattsy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO BOX GRRRRRRRRR why is it so useless slow complicated and basically the worst upgrade ever

Agreed. And VM are in no hurry to do anything about it as it'll cost them plenty and they're still managing to steal loads of cash from customers (£140 per month in my case) for their diabolical TiVo solution. As I've said before, for me the broadband is perfect so no complaints there but TiVo is beyond useless.

They'll release a box fit for purpose eventually but I doubt I'll still be a customer to benefit from it.

Cheers

BIGYAM
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO BOX GRRRRRRRRR why is it so useless slow complicated and basically the worst upgrade ever

Spot on wattsy, the broadband is first rate so it's not the line speed it is the actual box that is the problem the old box was better and loads faster 

0 Kudos
Rabangus
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It does make you wonder if anyone is testing these things, and if they are do they have the right authority to make the developers go back and take another look.

Not only are the boxes crazy slow, but the software looks like some pre-beta test build where the developers haven't yet decided how everything will fit together. Very unpolished and disorganised.

Having just moved from Sky there are a lot of great little features, and on paper what Virgin are offering beats the Sky offering, but I'm absolutely baffled by how something as poor as the software (and possibly hardware) on these tivo boxes has been pushed out to the public.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi BIGYAM

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service lately, we are aware of an issue that some of our customers are currently experiencing where their TiVo service is operating slowly.

There was a post made about it [here]. Once we've got an update we'll post on that thread too.

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing, we're looking forward to getting this sorted

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BIGYAM
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, thank you for replying , but you are still charging full price for something that basically does not work properley , surely there should be some urgencey from virgin to sort this issue out as it has been going on for quite some time now ! and all the paying customer gets fobbed off with is, yes we are looking into the problem ? sorry for any inconvenience ! COME ON VIRGIN GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D wrote:

Hi BIGYAM

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service lately, we are aware of an issue that some of our customers are currently experiencing where their TiVo service is operating slowly.

There was a post made about it [here]. Once we've got an update we'll post on that thread too.

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing, we're looking forward to getting this sorted

Craig

Craig, that post was made on 2nd SEPTEMBER...it is now NOVEMBER tomorrow (in case you hadn't noticed) yet STILL this problem persists!!

No updates, nothing AGAIN, as usual from Virgin...Very quick to take the money, Very SLOW to fix the problems...2 MONTHS on, and still no news or fix...

Virgin REALLY don't care? do they? Smiley Embarassed

gordy66
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Astonishes me that someone decided to add new features while keeping the box slow, it's poor whether it was after or before the update, we just have to be patient until the V6 box comes out.
0 Kudos
dickeverard
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I totally agree.  Whats more, if you happen to be watching a programme live which is being recorded and then want to watch the next programme on the same channel which is being recorded, it jumps back to the end of the first programme after you have been watching the second programme for five minutes!  The old V+ box was far superior and less gadgetty.  It doesn't do anything new that I need and only have the Tivo box because the V+ box packed up working.  Virgin take no notice and when I complain (twice) they suggest I stop recording at the end of the programme by clicking on record as the first programme end but that doesn't work either.  Useless.

0 Kudos