Menu
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

THIRD HUGE PRICE HIKE IN A YEAR

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-and-utilities/broadband/virgin-media-to-increase-costs-by-42-for-mi...

"customers will have to pay up to £42 more a year under the changes. It is the third time this year that Virgin Media has upped costs for customers."

Letters have already started to arrive:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Tivo-Box-sooooo-slow-after-software-up...

Good bye all, end of a very unpleasant era. 30 day termination invoked.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: THIRD HUGE PRICE HIKE IN A YEAR

Smiley Sad Not good news.

Anyone want to work out what the year on year percentage increase is? Including the cuts to loyalty discount?

0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Totally unacceptable from VM for another price hike. 

This taken from the Telegraph 18 August 2016 :-

Gregor McNeil, managing director for consumer at Virgin Media said: “We do everything we can to keep prices competitive while striking the balance with investing in more of what our customers want.”

I think the point of `more of what our customers want` is a joke. We want products and services that run to a level that is satisfactory. Tivo is now unusable, everyday we have problems with this crappy box. I will not be paying the extra until we see this Tivo box sorted.

cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i do wonder if its a deliberate ploy to fix the over-utilisation issues-

let's hike the prices another 10% & see if we can offload 10% of customers from our problem areas...

StopItRawr
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Again?

This is getting ridiculous. Why can't VM have a yearly, preferably RPI tracked price rise. I have seen very little to justify anything higher. This is pretty much price gouging at this point.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

StopItRawr wrote:
Again?

This is getting ridiculous. Why can't VM have a yearly, preferably RPI tracked price rise. I have seen very little to justify anything higher. This is pretty much price gouging at this point.

I used to be able to say that I was saving money by having broadband only with VM, compared to BT/Sky/etc broadband+line rental. Now even the basic lowest tier broadband only prices are more than what most competitors charge for broadband+Line rental. 

When I read this line: "Virgin Media said it was trying to strike a balance between keeping prices down and investing in broadband networks and programmes." I first thought: "You just got a massive cash injection from Liberty Global to expand etc, so why are you going for more money of your customers this year?"

I agree that price changes it should match with RPI, but for whatever reason VM appear to have a thing for a repeated 5% price increase once more or times each year.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

well i bought into the outrage, but now - pausing to think- have there actually been THREE price hikes this year - or is someone exaggerating or spinning ?

For each of phone, TV, BB, when did any 2016 price rises take effect.

is it that each of the 3 products went up ONCE but on three different dates, and some / all are going up for the second time later this year 

will some knowledgable person please clarify

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

cybmole wrote:

well i bought into the outrage, but now - pausing to think- have there actually been THREE price hikes this year - or is someone exaggerating or spinning ?

For each of phone, TV, BB, when did any 2016 price rises take effect.

is it that each of the 3 products went up ONCE but on three different dates, and some / all are going up for the second time later this year 

will some knowledgable person please clarify

Now you mention ......... it has 3 hikes in ONLY 9 months, not a year. If you don't have sky sports/movies you only had 2 huge hikes.

It has been suggested they may have need fund urgent network upgrades due to 4K trials dragging current Tivo and possibly also broadband to its knees, hence bringing 2017 hikes forward or maybe more as normal February!!!!

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

000000 wrote:

Now you mention ......... it has 3 hikes in ONLY 9 months, not a year. If you don't have sky sports/movies you only had 2 huge hikes.

specifics please, what services had there prices increased in what months

please say in what months and for what service(s) you experienced a price rise. Does your 9 count begin with novmeber / december 2015 ?

AFAIK, but my prices have only gone up ONCE this year, and I have yet to receive the threatened letter saying that will be going up a second time. I could be wrong, but I'd like facts. I can see that my current Kahuna package price is almost £10 higher than when i took out the contract in 2014

0 Kudos