Menu
Edward_2016
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sync sound from Tivo box optical output to LG Cinema Sytem

This may help anybody using the Tivo box optical output.

Have an LG TV and LG Cinema system, first connected the Tivo optical output directly to the optical input on the Cinema system and was blown away by the sound being out of sync, gave up and connected the optical output from the TV to the Cinema system which solved the problem, but this meant I had to keep changing the audio output on the TV from  TV to Optical every time I wanted to use the Cinema system.

Problem solved by a set up in the LG Cinema system, select Home on the Cinema system followed by Settings\Audio\HD AV Sync I changed the value of this to 200ms.

Now I have the optical output from the Tivo box directly into the Cinema system and sound is completely in sync, obviously the value may need to be tweaked depending on your set up, and maybe if you are using a sound bar or other  cinema system there maybe the same sort of settings you can play with.

Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sync sound from Tivo box optical output to LG Cinema Sytem

Welcome to the community Edward_2016 and what a way to start.

My sincere thanks for taking the time to come around here and post this. It's always great to see a community member willing to share their experience for the benefit and aid of the rest of the users of this forum. I applaud your efforts and please have your first Kudos on me.

See you around and all the bestSmiley Happy

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
wd40addict
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I assume you have a Cisco Tivo, otherwise you'll soon crash into the problems us Samsung Tivo users have when using Dolby digital via optical :-(

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

wd40addict wrote:

I assume you have a Cisco Tivo, otherwise you'll soon crash into the problems us Samsung Tivo users have when using Dolby digital via optical :-(

Also, I always found lip sync issues would come and go and are particularly worse on some channels than others. Sometimes you just have to delete a recording and reschedule it the next time, hoping it will be better. So anyone who thinks they have "solved" the problem might be in for a disappointment a few days later.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
wd40addict
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I must've been lucky with lipsync, I've not noticed a problem (famous last words!)

0 Kudos