Menu
Pcrane22
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Swapping boxes

My tivo has crashed. Why cant i connect one of my hd boxes. Tried connecting to existing tivo cables but have no signal

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Swapping boxes

What are these old HD boxes?

Are they on your account and being paid for?

If they are on your account but have been powered off for some time, you will need to call in and get them re-activated.

If they are not on your account, they will not and cannot be made to work.

0 Kudos
Pcrane22
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They are all on my account. I wanted to use one of the bedroom boxes until my tv is fixed tomorrow. Connected all the cables but just kept getting the no signal icon on the tv.

0 Kudos
Pcrane22
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I meant until my TiVo is fixed

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pcrane22

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service lately, I'm just checking in to see how things have been since the appointment?

If you need any assistance moving forward, you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Pcrane22
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

did eventually manage to get my v+ box to work. Got a new tivo on Friday but lost all my recordings.can't wait till we can store on the cloud.

0 Kudos
mickthemonarch
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have successfully changed one of my two V+ boxes to Tivo, which I was told was essential. They only sent one, and I was informed that I would be called in the next day or two about the other. This hasn't happened, it's three weeks ago now. So I phoned and was told I can't arrange to get my other box over the phone. The girl said I would be contacted by email.

I asked why they didn't do the two at once. "I don't know". I told her I was willing to bet I would not be contacted again and would be stuck with an obsolete box.

The whole thing seems to be a shambles.

0 Kudos