Menu
DeanM
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Swapping TiVo Boxes from different rooms?

So my question is, can you swap two TiVo Boxes around and keep their respective subscription packages on them?

I have a TiVo box in my bedroom with the XL package on whilst the one I have in the living rooms doesn't have the HD channels, sports and movies. So I was wondering, because I spend more time in the living room, could I take the box from upstairs and connect it up to the cabling in the living room and have my XL subscription downstairs?

The only reason I couldn't imagine this not to work is if the subscription package is specific to the cabling or does it not work this way and is dependant upon the box?

Would love to have this cleared up!

Thank you in advance!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Swapping TiVo Boxes from different rooms?

It's dependent on the account the box is connected to, but all boxes on the same account should have exactly the same channels.

If there is more than one account in a property then the box can be connected to any working coax cable in the house and it will continue to show the channels the account has a subscription to.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

edited for repetition..

0 Kudos
DeanM
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply!

The living room box is on a different account to the box upstairs so it won't work, am I right?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No it will still work. I have two on separate accounts and have swapped them a couple of times with no issues.

0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There's no reason why it wouldn't work. Your account is not particularly tied to your 'bedroom' feed, only your property (actually your street cabinet is about as much as it can realistically be tied down).

0 Kudos